Why choose Betta Lock & Key?
How do I find a good locksmith (as opposed to a cowboy)?
- We are genuine local Jimboomba (4280) locksmiths, with mobile service to the areas of Beaudesert 4285, Boonah 4310, Canungra 4275, Tamborine 4270, Logan Village 4207, Browns Plains 4118, Park Ridge 4125 and Greenbank 4124.
- Your call will be answered personally (no menacing messages) - genuine all hours, Jimboomba, Beaudesert or elsewhere. Emergency locksmiths available if you're locked outside your front door or for any other priority (break-in, lost keys, insurance etc.). Mishaps and crime don't take a break on weekends, nor do our phones.
- You have the assurance that we are licenced, qualified, affordable and insured Jimboomba locksmiths who won't let you down from start to finish. Reputable service with the right advice and quality products at a surprisingly competetive cost. Our customers around Jimboomba and Beaudesert continue to say so (Google & Yellow Pages reviews).
- 100% local & trusted Jimboomba locksmiths.
- 100% skilled, affordable and licensed.
- 100% serious about your security.
Call us on 0401 275027
- Lock changing
- Lock installations & repairs
- Evictions (residential & commercial) - locks
- Mortgagee repossessions - locks
- Corporate accounts
- High security and keyless entry locks
Because the internet has a maze of websites, directories and other platforms, generally promoting themselves of course, you possibly finish up with more questions than answers. For example, directories are reluctant to post unfavourable reviews about a paying subscriber except for the most serious violations. Clearly, an advertiser is bound to abandon a directory if there are reviews painting the wrong picture.
There are nonetheless a few fundamental principles that are universally reliable guides.
Locksmith associations, such as the Australian & New Zealand Locksmiths Association, insist on their member locksmiths meeting minimum standards in terms of both trade qualifications as well as ethics and general business practice.
Licensed locksmiths, licensed by the appropriate state government body, have passed at the very least a criminal history check.
Currently in Queensland, licensing is also conditional on locksmiths having submitted fingerprints to state police.
These 2 criteria are a good starting point when seeking a locksmith.
Is the locksmith a member of a recognised trade association?
Is the locksmith licensed?
"The Jimboomba Football Club Management Committee have asked me to express their thanks once again for your excellent and prompt service and advice.
When staff lose a key or a lock malfunctions then with 300 plus members to serve, access to our property is critical and so we are grateful when you are able to attend our emergencies so swiftly and within budget.
Once again thank you."
Ron Birch. President.
Jimboomba United Football Club Inc.
"Our company has experienced a fantastic working relationship with Betta Lock & Key over many years. Our industry (real estate) demands service that is often out of normal business hours and more often than not at very short notice. Betta Lock & Key have continuously and consistently supplied a service that is unique and second to none. The quality of product and workmanship absolutely exceeds all expectations. We have no hesitation in recommending Betta Lock & Key to any prospective client. This is a company that always excels in all expectations."
Warren Hucker. Principal.
Century 21 at the Village, Logan Village.
"Dennis delivers a professional and expert service priced very competitively. He is polite and very knowledgeable about all things for security. You will not regret using him."
Peter Ellwood. Director.
Newbase Computer Services Pty Ltd.
Remember to lock gates when and where practical.
Another simple and effective way to deter thieves where your property has a gate and driveway entrance - common on larger properties that criminals are known to simply drive into, often unnoticed without concern to neighbours.
If you're worried about Energex getting access to read your electricity meter, we have padlocks that you can use with your own individual Energex keys. They are keyed to the Energex master key as well, allowing your meter to be read, while keeping unauthorised people out.
Padlock with Energex key.
Are you concerned about break-ins?
Are you uncertain about who might have key copies?
Do you have too many keys for your liking?
Do you have some locks without keys?
At Betta Lock & Key we specialise in restricted and master key systems, lock changing (rekeying), electronic locking systems as well as security screen door locks and all other residential and commercial security - schools, shops, property managers and more. Call today for a free estimate or quote and we'll guarantee competitive costs and quality work with an unwavering focus on your safety and security. It's a promise we keep, with customers in Jimboomba, Beaudesert and surrounding areas saying that we consistently surpass their expectations.
Some everyday and practical security approaches are:
- Keep doors and windows locked when and where appropriate. It sounds too simple, but this simple oversight is all too often the direct cause of opportunistic theft.
- Prevent or at least limit a burglar's opportunity
- Remain conscious of what can present a security weakness. This can be in any number of forms such as a stranger knocking on the door and posing to be in distress.
- If you have a vehicle parked outside (particularly while you are away), the house can be entered if an intruder sees a garage remote on the visor and breaks the glass to get it. A common way of temporarily preventing automatic garage door access is to simply turn the opener off at the switch next to it.
- Where you have double timber doors, check that the bolts on the inactive side (that side usually left bolted), are secure enough to resist a typical forced entry. The bolts should be strong, good quality bolts as well as going far enough into the floor and door header to be secure.
- If you are going away tell only those who need to know. That automatically excludes social media, phone messages as well as notes stuck to the door.
- Likewise, don't discuss having a safe or valuables with anyone, and don't leave keys in locks if that can be avoided. Keys and remotes should be equally important to cash or any other valuables.
These are merely a few ideas concerning home security and by no means a comprehensive checklist.
Make a habit of using the security measures you have available - screen door locks, deadbolts, window locks, alarm, sensor lights, gate locks and any others.
This is truly the simplest and most straightforward advice you can get.
Failing to do so can ultimtely make a burglar's job simple.
We are happy to discuss any concerns you might have, together with options and solutions available to you.
Call today on 0401 275 027 or A/H 5548 6091 for a free, no obligation estimate or quote.
Our immediate service area covers much of the Logan, Ipswich and Scenic Rim regions including:
Beaudesert, Beenleigh, Boonah, Boronia Heights, Browns Plains, Buccan, Camira, Canungra, Cedar Grove, Cedar Vale, Chambers Flat, Crestmead, Flagstone, Forestdale, Forest Lake, Gleneagle, Greenbank, Heritage Park, Hillcrest, Jimboomba, Kooralbyn, Logan Reserve, Logan Village, Mundoolun, Munruben, New Beith, Park Ridge, Regents Park, Springfield, Spring Mountain, Tamborine, Tamborine Mountain, Waterford, Veresdale & Yarrabilba.